- Feature: The activist fighting for an indigenous Vanuatu nation.
- On assignment in rural Vanuatu, I explore the struggling cause of an indigenous tribal leader who, now facing legal troubles, is trying to create his own alternative paper currency pegged to the traditionally valued pig's tusk, and to lift his remote community out of its extreme poverty.
The Hill (USA)
- Trump throwing allies like Australia under the bus in early diplomacy. February 2, 2016.
The Sydney Morning Herald / Fairfax
Making Super Available to Buy a House is a Terrible Idea. March 15, 2017.
A Clean Energy Future is On the Horizon. February 13, 2017.
Putin's Fans in the West Need to Take a Cold Shower. January 25, 2017.
The Western Wave of Populism Can Learn from Cuba's Mistakes. November 29, 2016.
Central Asia is the Next Global Trouble Spot: We can’t ignore it. September 8, 2016.
Coal won’t save energy poverty, renewables will. June 27, 2016.
Mongolia's presidential election outcome a win for Putin. July 13, 2016.
Why Trump shouldn't weaken US sanctions on Russia (part 2). December 8, 2016.
Why Trump shouldn't weaken US sanctions on Russia (part 1). December 7, 2016.
Uzbekistan: Fragile and uncertain as the curtain falls on the Karimov era. September 7, 2016.
Instability just a stroke away in Central Asia. August 31, 2016.
Real Clear Defense
- Why Trump shouldn't weaken US sanctions on Russia (republished from the Lowy Interpreter). December 7, 2016.
A new year brings new turmoil for Australia's Turnbull government. January 13, 2017.
Australia’s immigration policy: so much for the PNG solution. April 30, 2016.
Australia and the Brussels Attack. March 25, 2016.
- Australia’s unique position in a negotiated political settlement in Syria. December 14, 2015.
- Tajikistan: an opportunity for great power cooperation. May 10, 2015.
Medium / Unpublished Works
World's Greatest Healthcare Plan? Think Again, GOP. March 10, 2017.
- Lessons from Science Can Help Make Sense of This Period of Political Renewal. December 5, 2016.
Insights (Young Australians in International Affairs)
- The Australia-US alliance under Turnbull. February 1, 2016.
US Studies Center (University of Sydney)
Obama’s Russia policy: playing the long game. September 8, 2015.
International Policy Digest
How sanctions are undermining Russia’s Central Asian ambitions. September 5, 2015.